Friday, January 27, 2006

Why Does It Work This Way?


I can't seem to get this right. No matter how hard I try, I fall for it every time and it gets harder and harder to pick myself up. I say I won't let myself hurt like that again, I say that my heart is fine, but I lose a piece every time this happens. And maybe the truth is, I set myself up to fall like this. I mean, everyone falls at one point or another; maybe I just make sure it is earlier on so there is less pain and I am in control of the decision to let go. Or maybe, I am afraid of what will happen the first time I make it without falling. I just don't know if I can fly anymore.

1 comment:

  1. Katharine,

    I'm still around, from time to time! I like how you've been adding drawings to your posts, wrapping and twisting your words around them.

    Have you seen Great Expectations (yes, the movie - I've no time for books) with Ethan Hawke and Gwenyth Paltrow. Although the dramatism could be more subtle, I like it for the artwork. I've never seen my dreams (the literal, while-sleeping kind) so well elucidated than by the art in that mvoie.

    ReplyDelete